What To Expect With Routine Heating System Maintenance
Just like any other mechanical equipment or vehicle, devices that keep your home warm will require heating system maintenance in Soddy-Daisy, TN. Although there are maintenance works that you can do, the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system still needs to be serviced by experts.
When winter sets in, the demand for professional HVAC maintenance also increases. Your level of expectation is high as you do not want to encounter issues amid the shivering season. To minimize those worries, here are some ideas on what technical works they do while rendering professional service.
Inspection of Heating Components
Professional contractors will scrutinize the components for physical defects. During the inspection, he will check for the integrity of heating elements, heat exchanger, furnace burner, heat pump, ignition system, and many more.
- Heating Elements. These are often referred to as heat strips. It is a component of your furnace that helps in heating the air.
- Heat Exchanger. The heat from one fluid to pass to another fluid without having contact with each other is enabled through these devices.
- Heat Pump. This component is installed outside your home. It is responsible for pulling outdoor air and transferring it indoors during cooler months.
- Furnace Burner. Heat is distributed throughout your home after taking the air and fuel mixture to create heat.
- Ignition System. Different ignition systems have risen to the challenge of innovation. These include a hot surface ignition system, direct spark ignition system, intermittent pilot light ignition system, and standing pilot ignition system.
The above components are checked to ensure efficient production of heat. Any physical defects can interfere with the system’s overall performance such as heat loss and air quality. Nonetheless, full-blown problems can be prevented with heating system maintenance in Soddy-Daisy, TN.
Replacement of Filters on Heating Equipment
Homeowners can check and replace the air filter, but service providers can also do the task on your behalf. Air filter is checked every month and replaced whenever necessary. At the very least, air filters need to be changed at least every three months.
Cleaning the Drain Lines and Pans
One of the issues that can be prevented with routine maintenance is the blockage of your system’s drain lines and pans. Your service provider will clean these components to avoid slime buildup that will eventually restrict airflow and drainage.
Lubrication of Moving Parts
The purpose of lubrication in the moving parts is to minimize friction. These moving parts include furnaces, circulation units, and compressors. Along with lubrication, traces of debris are removed.
Checking of Thermostat
The thermostat is an important component of a heating system. It is responsible for regulating the temperature. To ensure that you are getting the desired warmth during the chilly season, a professional contractor will check the thermostat and controls for proper measurement and regulation.
Bonus Idea: Other Service Tasks Performed
Other maintenance checks and operations are performed during servicing. Included in the checklist of the contractor are inspection of fan motors, blowers, vents, and ductwork; inspection of electrical components and connections; maintenance checks for gas leaks; and replacement of worn-out belts and pulleys.
Go to Experts in Heating System Maintenance!
The majority of the above tasks are technical. It will demand a careful eye for inspection and experience to carry out the tasks.
Contact them now for a free estimate and to get your heater tuned up!